Lets get one thing straight…I love Hell’s Kitchen…and I will never ever volunteer to go on that show. Here are some reasons I will never go.
1. I don’t want to get yelled at.
2. I don’t cook fast enough.
3. I don’t know how to make Beef Wellington or Risotto.
3. I don’t think I have a perfect signature dish…yet.
I want a signature dish where I can whip it up in a pre-determined time, I know how to do it, and it’s delicious…every time.
So throughout my journey online I want to continue to think about my signature dish. Would it be my Margarita Pizza using the basil in our garden? Or maybe my hamburgers made with ground sirloin? Or maybe my Gilumpke made specifically following my Grandmother’s recipe?
Today, if I had to choose my Signature Dish, I would pick my Chicken Prosciutto Roll-Ups. They’re easy, they look fancy and you have leftovers to put on a salad using your favorite lettuce (or the one that was on sale on Grocery Day) the next day for a fancy lunch. Here’s how to do it.
- Take 4 Chicken Breasts (Boneless) and make sure they’re defrosted fully.
- Slice a 3″ cut in the middle of the breast (Be careful not to cut all the way through, you just want to make a little pocket in it, and don’t cut your hand!)
- Stuff the newly created Chicken Pocket with Basil and Mozzarella. (If you want to be fancy, get fresh basil all cut up into little slices, and use buffalo mozzarella…if you are like me and in running around in a hurry, use the generic shredded mozzarella, and dried basil in your spice cabinet.)
- Wrap the chicken with 2 pieces of thin prosciutto (wait for it to go on sale at the store and then buy a WHOLE BUNCH!!! Keep it in the freezer…you will thank me next time you’re in a pinch and need a yummy chicken dinner.)
- Cook at 425 degrees for 30 minutes flipping once. Make sure they are completely cooked. Chicken is no good when it’s medium rare :-).
- Serve with my very favorite steam in a bag veggies….or if you’re going fancy make some mashed potatoes, but the steamer veggies are great too.